Debco Cacti & Succulent Superior Potting Mix
Specially formulated open mix, perfect for drainage and growing conditions for all varieties of cacti & succulent. Debco Cacti & Succulent Superior Potting Mix is the first formulated mixture for the home gardener based on professional standards and on special blends used by wholesale nursery growers.
- SaturAid Wetting Agent
- Fertiliser for Cacti & Succulents
- Trace Elements & Growth Stimulants
HOW TO USE
Cacti and Succulents are generally very hardy plants but can have soft tissues, needles or spines and fragile root systems whichall require special care when handling.
Before potting -Preparation is important with Cacti and Succulents, therefore have the following items ready:
- New pots that are to be used for potting into. Select a pot that is one size larger or no more than 25% larger than the oldpot.
- Plants that have been watered a few days before potting.
- Leather gloves and an old towel for handling plants with needles or spines.
- Debco Cacti & Succulent potting mix.
How to get the best results
- Remove the old plant from its pot, this may have to be done wearing leather gloves to protect hands from the spines. A softtowel can be used to hold the top part of the plant.
- Carefully remove any old loose potting mix from the root ball, minimising the amount of root disturbance.
- Partly fill the new pot with potting mix allowing for the required depth of the old root ball. Place the plant into the potand once happy with position, carefully fill the pot with potting mix, ensuring the mix surrounds all of the roots.
- Tap the freshly potted plant lightly on the bench or ground to settle the potting mix in the pot.
- Water in thoroughly and allow draining and drying in a warm sunny position. If potting during cool months use moist pottingmix and water one week after potting.