Debco Premium Orchid Mix
Has been developed from years of experience in the production of potting mixes for professionals who specialise in growing epiphytic and terrestrial plants such as Orchids and Bromeliads. Debco Orchid Mix is manufactured from premium graded pine bark to provide an open free draining mix that is perfect for growing Orchids. This mix has been designed to grow the broadest range of Orchids in all types of pots and containers.
- Premium potting and planting mix for Cymbidium Orchids and Bromeliads.
- Controlled release fertiliser-distributes nutrients as plants need it.
- Seaweed fertiliser-promotes biological activity in the soil.
- Wetting agent -ensures nutrients get to the root zone.
- Trace elements micro-nutrients -vital to plant growth.
HOW TO USE
Debco Premium Orchid Mix is ready to use straight from the bag with no further additives required.
PLANTING IN POTS
• Select a new pot that will comfortably accommodate the plant for the next 2 years.
• Place the plant into the pot ensuring the bulb is level with the top of the pot.
• Fill new mixture around the root system whilst holding the plant, and by gently tapping the top work the mix in and around the entire root system.
• Fill the pot to the top rim of the pot with mix.
• Lightly water and place in a well ventilated location.
IN GROUND USE
Although Orchids are usually grown in pots they can be grown as garden plants if planted into a mound of Orchid mix. Give plants grown outdoors shade from hot sun particularly in summer but expose to more light in autumn and winter to encourage bud formation. In frost areas and colder climates it may be advisable to plant in pots and then in the ground to allow them to be moved during cooler periods.
ONGOING PLANT CARE
• A quality 6 month balanced fertiliser was added at manufacture but additional fertiliser may be required in time, depending on plant needs.
• Feeding is critical to flowering because without sufficient food, the plant’s bulbs will not grow large enough to flower in the following year.
• The easiest way to feed your Orchids is by topping up with controlled release fertiliser when required. For even better results, you can supplement with a soluble fertiliser during the warmer months.